2022 COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Kindness. Patience. Respect.
Updated: January 12, 2022
Our customers’ and employees’ health are our primary concern during the pandemic. As mandated by the Provincial Government, the following steps have been taken to provide maximum protection and safety for everyone:
- We are only allowing up to 100 customers in the store at a time, which is well below the amount allowable by the provincial health officer based on our square footage.
- Masks are mandatory to enter the store. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Shop Alone. Only those customers who are disabled and require assistance may shop together. Parents should refrain from bringing in small children unless absolutely necessary
- Only one shopper is permitted at a time down each aisle. We have increased our directional signage in the store.
- We are enforcing an hourly sanitation checklist for employees to complete on high contact areas such as door and buggy handles, cash registers/pin pads, counters, washrooms and more. We also have sanitized wipe stations throughout the store for our customers.
- Our employees have been asked to exercise precautions to safe guard their health and the health of the community, including staying home if they have any symptoms of illness or do not feel well.
- With guidance from health authorities, we are emphasizing high-level hygiene practices, which we know are a frontline defense from any illness.
- We no longer allow travel mugs and thermoses to be used when purchasing hot beverages.
- We are no longer accepting customers’ reusable bags. We will instead be providing cardboard boxes.
- We are no longer accepting any bottle or can returns.
- We are trying to limit employee contact with cash. We would be grateful if all customers purchasing fuel would kindly do so by paying at the pumps and anyone purchasing groceries in-store uses a card. However, we will still accept cash if absolutely necessary.
- We are strictly enforcing limits on all commodities and essential items. We still have a very good supply coming in daily, so there is no need to panic-buy.
Please Do Your Part:
- Shop Alone. As noted above, only those customers who are disabled and require assistance may shop together. Parents should refrain from bringing in small children unless absolutely necessary
- Please be respectful of our frontline staff and treat them with kindness and respect. They come to work every day to serve you.
- Maintain two-meter distancing at all times. The two-meter distancing also applies to those waiting in line to get into the store and the pavement has been marked to assist with this.
- Only visit the store once per week if possible.
- Come organized with a list and be in and out as quickly as possible.
- Please only buy what you require for a week at a time. Hoarding will not be permitted.
- Socializing in the isles with neighbours and friends is discouraged. Your time must be limited in the store.
- Please use the personal shopping service for pickup or delivery if you are in quarantine.
- Please avoid phoning the store as we need our phone lines open for vendors to make sure that we have the inventory and cleaning supplies it takes to remain open. We simply cannot handle any customer inquiries. Instead, you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to respond in a timely manner.
- Peak shopping time is from 12 noon to 7:00 PM and quieter tiems to shop are from 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM.
Staying open to serve our community is our number one priority. Please do your part by following our guidelines and above all, be kind to one another. We are in this together! Stay safe everyone!